Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Quelimane

I haven't been able to update recently as I've been without constant wireless access for the last week. I've been in Quelimane, the capital of Zambezia province in central Mozambique. I got in late on Thursday night and ate at "La Piscina". It's appropriately name, as it has a pool in the middle of the restaurant that's open to the public when it's not too cold. (It only gets up to 75 or so these days since it's winter.) I had curried prawns, one of Mozambique's well-known seafood dishes.

I had nonstop meetings the next day and afterwards went internet-hunting. The Catholic school across the street no longer has computers for public use, so they sent me to the post office. The post office internet was broekn, so they sent me to the other side of town. Five blocks later, I was at the other side of town, and I found someone who pointed out the Zambezia.com office (behind the meat shop). For dinner I had a very tasty, very spiny grilled fish. The stars are very bright here at night.


Run down church near the waterfront. The AIDS ribbon signs are everywhere.

No comments: